With Pete’s Dragon coming out, I decided to look at the best non-animated Disney movies. Because I haven’t seen a bunch of these since I was a kid, it’s hard to tell whether they actually belong in their spots or not. But hey, it’s my list so that’s alright. I’ve decided not to include any Marvel or Star Wars movies in this list even though they technically qualify as Disney live action.
– This movie is about half full of things I love, but also half full of things I hate. Which is one reason I haven’t watched it in years.
9. Cool Runnings
– It’s a cool story made into a fun little movie. I just can’t help but wonder if it would be a little better if it was a little more serious, rather than being as goofy as it is at times.
8. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
– Far fetched? Very. Fun? Yep.
7. Glory Road
– Basketball movies are typically hit or miss. This is one of the hits for me.
6. The Rookie
– Disney was on a roll with the sports movies in the late 90s and early 2000s. This was part of that.
5. National Treasure
– I actually really enjoy this one despite how ridiculous some aspects of it are. Plus it has Nick Cage and he’s… well Nick Cage.
– Another great, inspirational sports movie.
3. The Jungle Book (2016)
– A darker, more adult take and I loved it.
2. Remember the Titans
– The best football movie ever made, in my opinion. Another one of those great Disney sports movies.
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
– It’s too bad the sequels are awful because this first installment is just flat out great.
What are some of your favorites? Let me know in the comments.